Friday, May 25, 2012

My day in Maputo

Today has been so fun, and full of adventures. I slept wonderfully last night; it was great and I woke up this morning feeling refreshed.

After breakfast I spent a couple hours with one of the men staying here. He's from Portugal and was teaching me Portuguese. The more I hear it, the more I think it's going to click one of these days. I just need to get the courage to use what I do know :)

Then, this afternoon one of the women who is staying here took me for a walk around Maputo. We walked through a park, and all around a corner of the city. I saw the ocean, and we stopped for ice cream. It was really great ice cream. Sorry, there are no pictures because I left my camera conveniently in my room.

This place is great. All the other people staying here are missionaries from England, Portugal, the US, etc. It's great to talk and hear about their lives and God's goodness. It also allows me to feel quite comfortable and safe. God is good, I'm so thankful that He has everything under control :)

All in all, it was a great day!! I'm feeling more and more relaxed and I think I'm accustomed to the time change. Tomorrow, it will be up at 5, to leave the house at 5:30 for my 7:30 flight to Lichinga. I'm so excited to get to Lichinga and be able to stay there for 3 months. This whole trip is so amazing, in so many ways. I can't wait to see what else God does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment