Thursday, August 9, 2012

Saying Good-bye





This morning Tim and Michele left with Michele's parents to spend a few days in Malawi at the game park before dropping Mike and Nancy at the airport on Sunday for their flight.  They will not be back until Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. Since I leave Tuesday morning on the flight out of Lichinga they will not be back before I leave.  It was really sad to say good-bye.  I'm going to miss the kids a lot. It's hard to think that the kids will all be 2.5 years older when I see them again.  I can't imagine how big they'll all be. That is, unless I find a way to come back to Mozambique sooner.

It's hard for me to even imagine leaving here. I don't really believe that I am going to get on an airplane that is going to carry me away on Tuesday. It doesn't seem possible. I get excited when I think about hanging out with my friends again and going to church and college group again. But overall, I really have no desire to leave Mozambique and I try constantly to figure out how I can stay a few more months.

One thing I do know for sure, I will come back to Mozambique as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment